Sunday, April 11, 2010

Random, somewhat drunkeness

Small Black is a phenomenal up and coming band, after tonight at the Music Hall of Williamsburg I really have to say that they have solidified their place in history as one of the best "Chill Wave" bands along with Washed Out. In recent times I have seen most of the bands associated with this rapidly developing genre and aside from Neon Indian a lot of these bands leave a lot to be desired live, Small Black and Washed Out though do this genre justice. I was lucky enough to catch their first night of tour and now their last night of tour... the change of comfort level is amazingly apparent. I really can't even begin to convey how good tonight's show was but there was something special in the air tonight and I am so happy that I was lucky enough to be there. These two bands have managed to capture a feeling that in my opinion has been missing in music recently, the feeling of a new/original sound/scene that has been sorely missed. Admittedly I'm a tad bit drunk and its 6 in the morning so my mind may be a bit clouded but I feel like I just witnessed an extremely significant musical moment.
Figures I left my camera at home tonight.

4 comments:

  1. would Washed Out be worth seeing with Beach House? i think they suck really bad, would it be balanced out? How long have the sets been?

    I have a Small Black shirt on the way, psyched to see em live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet, I actually picked up a shirt at the show, the white one with green,blue and purple lettering. If you don't like beach house I think I'd say prob not depending on ticket prices, just cause I assume he won't be getting too much time. Though, if you've never seen him before he is pretty sweet live so I guess all in all through my back and forth, GO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll check the ticket prices. I would def go but Caribou is the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh shit, Caribou is kind of a must I think, Washed Out will be around again for sure.

    ReplyDelete