Thursday, March 4, 2010

Music, like food...

Sometimes when I find a type of meal or snack that I love I will eat it exclusively for weeks, months or even years but then one day I just completely lose the desire to ingest it ever again. I have noticed that I tend to do this with bands as well, most things I listen to i tend to love forever it seems but occasionally I'll be listening to something that I had once loved and listened to every day and think "damn I never want to listen to this again". It's not even that I think something is bad, it's more that I just find it becoming tired, boring, lackluster in my ears and I can't even figure out why. Maybe the ingredients were changed slightly, maybe I am just that fickle or pretentious even.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! first of all..nice blog...your posting some great stuff...thanks for the FlyLo, Javelin and ABO stuff!...by the way i have the same feeling too about music...i am totally mesmerized for a week or so and them i'm like, k...its good but i ain't gonna listen to this! i need something more!

    Besides if you are a FlyLo fan...which i think you are...then you should check out TEEBS ( he's on Brainfeeder ) and his album Teebs09.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks for the kind words and recommendation!!

    I've actually never heard of TEEBS so I'll def check him out now.

    ReplyDelete