Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Don't kid yourself, you matter.

I like ambient music with the occasional sound of a computer being thrown through a glass window on the 18th floor.
I like digitial gravy spread thinly over static filled mashed potato volcanos.
I like empty hollow sounds that bounce around my skull and tickle the backs of my eyes.
I like beats that are just ever so slightly off tempo but so heavy no one is really sure.
I like the sound of broken two by fours scraping against concrete and I wish it was utilized more.

Prefuse was mildly enjoyable last night he seemed to revel in the fact that he could make our ear drums bleed with the flick of his wrist. Mixhell was a lot of fun, played some pretty hard hitting electro house and the addition of live drums is always awesome, they're a really great team. Also I always appreciate it when you can tell an act is giving it their all and really loving playing even if its only for the 10 of us still dancing. all in all inside LPR was a lot of fun, outside not so much. I'll be posting some tunes tomorrow, probably with a more melancholy theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment